1 Devise a plan for developing yourself and making yourself attractive to potential employers. How would you go about improving your managerial skills? Additionally, cite some well-known managers and discuss how their managerial style is similar to yours.
2 Give at least five examples of firms that are outstanding and five examples of firms that are weak on each of the five pillars of competitive advantage. Additionally, please state why you chose these firms.
3 What kinds of changes do companies make in response to environmental uncertainty?
4 List and define the five main players in the competitive environment. Use General Electric and trace these five players using Figure 2.4 in your textbook.
5 Describe how to make decisions in a crisis situation. You must cite a current crisis situation when responding to this question.
1. Go to the EEOC’s web site www.eeoc.gov. Research the procedure one must follow to file an EEOC charge. Also review the sexual harassment data, or the equal pay data and summary statistics the EEOC collects (you can report on either one or both, but extra credit will not be given if you report on both). Ascertain the number of cases filed during the past three years for which data have been kept, approximately how many cases were settled, and the amounts of monetary benefits rewarded in total.
2. Pick a job you have previously held or are currently holding and describe it in terms of span of control, delegation, responsibility, authority and accountability.
3. If you were going into business for yourself, what would be your core competencies? What competencies do you have new, and what competencies are you going to develop? Describe what your role would be in a network organization.
4. How can diversity give a company an edge with regard to the recruitment, and hiring process, as well as individuals employed within the company at the entry level through upper management? Additionally, can diversity make a difference in the bottom line of a company, and could it possibly affect a manager’s leadership style?
1. What is benchmarking? Compare and contrast BP Oil and Exxon Oil using benchmarking
2. Why have franchises been so popular as a method of national expansion in the fast
• food industry (Subway, McDonald’s & Quiznos). Contrast this with high
• tech manufacturing where joint ventures and partnerships have been more popular. What accounts for the differences across industries?
3.Identify a business/corporation that recently folded. What were the causes of the failure? What could have been done differently to prevent this failure?
4.Identify and discuss new ventures that fit each of the four cells in the entrepreneurial strategy mix
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂