Imagine that you have been appointed as a consultant for a global hotel chain and have been asked to develop a proposal for outsourcing Housekeeping department within the hotel to reduce costs, and consider the use of external expertise. You are to develop this proposal for the board of senior management:
1. Give an introduction of the Housekeeping Department within the hotel and investigate it in depth.
2. Identify the roles, tasks / responsibilities and functions of the department, within the context of Accommodation Management and how these are managed. Proposal will focus on the Housekeeping consists of different roles.
A. Housekeeping Manager (define) then discuss the given tasks / responsibilities, then give the function for each tasks
B. Supervisor (define) then discuss the given tasks / responsibilities, then give the function for each tasks
C. Room Attendant (define) then discuss the given tasks / responsibilities, then give the functions for each tasks
3. Consider the role of the customer and the customer’s needs related to this department and the steps the Accommodation Manager (of the department) takes to ensure the Hotel is meeting the customers’ needs and creating a positive experience.
Discuss what customer needs and wants. Then how to meet customer needs and wants.
4. Discuss whether outsourcing is a viable solution for this department. What are the benefits and the drawbacks of moving to an outsourced organisation/solution for this department?
5. Offer Recommendations for moving forward.