A report of offender treatment programmes
Describe how psychology is used in offender treatment programmes including:
1) The arguments for and against having offender treatment programs.
2) The types of criminal behaviour and causes of it best suited to treatment.
Explain the risk of potential consequences in criminal treatment programmes including:
1) Motivation of prisoners to appear to be co-operating with a programme.
2) The results of individuals who have completed a programme and are deemed safe to release.
Evaluate the effectiveness of criminal treatment programmes including:
1) Discuss and evaluate the effectiveness of offender treatment programmes with comment on statistics relating to recidivism.