A. Select a site and ecosystem
- Get information about the potential field sites such as wildlife refuge, state Park, any natural areas by doing web
searches or field visits.
- Based on the information you collected, select a field site that contains one or more of the possible natural ecosystems
choices listed below. For your safety and to ensure a well-informed quality experience, you should try to make sure that all
visits are supervised by park rangers or tour guides.
- Select a natural ecosystem type
B. Project requirements
- Begin with a brief description of the of the field site you selected (4 points)
- Describe the actual ecological setting of the ecosystem you selected (4 points)
a. Indicate date and time of visit and weather conditions for the day
b. Provide an inventory of species and the physical and behavioral ecological factors observed
- Compare and contrast the conditions of the actual ecosystem you observed to those of the ecosystem as described in
the textbook and/or class notes (ideal ecosystem) (6 points)
- Explain differences between the observed and ideal ecosystem (6 points)
- Make recommendations as needed to maintain or restore the ecosystem (5 points)