Week 3 Discussion
Discussion Question Response: By the due date assigned post your response to the assigned discussion questions in the appropriate threads in the Discussion Area.
Participation Responses: No later than by the end of the week, review and comment on the discussion question responses posted by at least two of your peers.
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrates a clear connection to the readings.
In your participation responses to your peers, comments must demonstrate thorough analysis of postings and extends meaningful discussion by building on previous postings.
Note: Review South University’s Substantive Participation Policy Criteria, Helpful Tips, and Late Policy available by clicking on the South University Policy and Guidelines navigation tab. The late policy applies to late discussion question responses.
- Choose a theory that finds practical application in critical care/pediatric/psychiatric nursing and discuss the origins of the theory based on the following criteria:
• How did the happenings of the nursing profession impact the origin of this theory?
• What values, evidence, or existing knowledge did the theorist cite to support the theory?
• What was the theorist’s motivation behind writing the theory?
- Compare the nursing philosophy of Benner and Henderson on the basis of the following criteria.
• Main ideas of the theory
• Main concepts
• Relationships between concepts
• How different concepts affect each other
Cite an example or case study from your field where both these philosophies find practical utility.