Step 1: Identify a case and write a paper describing the case’s focus.
Visit SupremeCourtUS.com at http://www.supremecourtus.gov/.
Identify a court case.
Determine whether the case supports judicial activism or judicial restraint. Write a paper supporting your thoughts. Be sure to provide three (3) supporting facts from the case.
Step 1: Research at least two interest groups.
Pick one (1) interest group whose agenda you like and one (1) you disagree with to research. Start by finding the homepage for each interest group on the Internet. Conduct further web-based research to see what news sources have reported about the two interest groups, what some of their recent activities have been, which politicians they support, which politicians they oppose, and so on.
Step 2: Organize your findings.
Respond to the items below:
1. What is the main agenda of the two (2) groups you researched?
2. What role has each interest group played in American politics? Provide two (2) examples for each group.
3. How influential are these interest groups? Support your response with one (1) supporting fact for each group.
4. Why do you like or dislike them? Provide three (3) reasons why you like or dislike each group.
5. Was there anything in your findings that surprised you? Provide one (1) finding that either surprised you or that may surprise other individuals.