Analyse and present research information
Write a report of a minimum of 1,000 words that proposes how the organisation may reduce staff turnover to accommodate the workforce requirements over the next five years, incorporating the data collected in previous questions in this assessment. Report heading to be:
Detirmining if flexible work practices reduce employee turnover.
Use the report template attached to write the report.Use straightforward and interesting language, use clear and consise writing, avoid jargon and acronyms , use active verbs as much as possible.
Scenario from simulated workplace:
Simulated workplace (GSE)
You have been asked to research whether flexible work practices (e.g. working from home, flexitime, job sharing) reduce employee turnover.
The GSE Human Resources Manager and the GM of Operations want to investigate how to reduce staff turnover to accommodate the workforce requirements over the next five years. You will be writing a report to be submitted to the HR Manager and the GM of Operations. You will be defining the objective of the research (the purpose statement) and ensure the research strategies you have chosen are valid and relevant to the project. Once you have gathered the data you will then use reliable methods of data analysis suitable to the project and ensure that any assumptions and conclusions used in the analysis are clear, justified and supported by evidence consistent with the business objectives.
Q1. Write a purpose statement that well head your final report
Determining if flexible work practices reduce employee turnover
FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENT SURVEY
1. On what basis are you currently employed? Full-time Part-time Casual
2. Are you happy with your current work arrangements?
3. Does your employer currently offer flexible work arrangements?
Yes No Unsure
4. Which of the following options would you consider (select all that apply):
Part time schedules Flex Time (flexible start/stop times)
Telework on an ad hoc basis(meet a repair person, sick child, etc.)
Telework on a regular monthly basis(at least one day per month, but not full-time)
Compressed Workweek Job Share
Purchased Leave None
5. Would having flexible work arrangements assist you in balancing work/life?
6. Would having flexible work arrangements enhance your work performance?
6 Identify three (3) facts and three (3) opinions from your research.
1) In 2002, of families with at least one parent employed, 56% used flexible work arrangements to assist them to care for their children.
2) In 2010 the most popular (most utilized) flexible arrangement was flexible working hours (35%)
3) In 2009 58% of Australia’s workforce had used some form of flexible working arrangement
1) Most people are aware they can request flexible work arrangements from their employer
2) Pie chart graphic is the easiest way to read data collected
3) everyone should be entitled to flexibility at some stage
9 List at least three (3) sources of legislation that needs to be considered when providing and presenting research information. For example, if relevant the WHS ACT 2011.
*Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Amendment Act 2012
*Work Health and Safety Act 2011
* The National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988
* State records Act
*state/territory and federal anti-discrimination laws
Collation of Survey results:
Q1. Fulltime 5 Part Time 3 Casual 0
Q2. Yes 6 No 2
Q.3 Yes 5 No 1 Unsure 2
Q.4 Part time schedules 2 Flex Time 4 Telework on an ad hoc basis 4
Telework on a regular monthly basis 2 Compressed Workweek 2 Job Share
Purchased Leave 4 None 1
Q.5 Yes 6 No 2
Q.6 Yes 4 No 4