Part 1: Policy Selection
• Select a recent (within the last 5 years) health care policy that has had substantial impact on consumers. In particular, look at a high-impact health care policy to analyze the diverse and divergent perspectives that informed its development and then assess its impact at the local organizational level.
• After choosing a health care policy, select a local health care organization that is impacted by that policy. This might be a public agency, a health care facility, or any organization substantially influenced by the policy.
Detailed and current information on health care policy may be found on many websites, including the following:
• American Hospital Association (AHA)
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
• The Kaiser Family Foundation
• Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
• American Public Health Association (APHA)
• American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
For this Assignment, assume the role of a health care administrator and create a PowerPoint presentation to provide stakeholders within the organization foundational information about the policy you selected.
In a 12 slide PowerPoint presentation:
Key Points of a Health Care Policy
1.Briefly describe the issue addressed by the policy as well as the background of the policy’s formulation.
2.Identify key stakeholders involved in the evolution of this policy. 3.Briefly explain the overarching perspectives of these stakeholders with regard to the policy.
4.Define which of the stakeholders would be considered advocacy groups and which would be classified as business interests. Explain how you differentiate the two categories and why this differentiation matters.
5.Explain the impact of the policy on key stakeholders (not necessarily within the organization). For example, how does the policy impact consumers? A health care organization? An insurance company? Providers?
6.Explain the role of various government agencies and officials, including public health agencies, in the formulation and implementation of the policy.
7.Explain the ongoing role of law and regulation in the formulation and implementation of the policy.
Part 3: Policy Assessment
Describe the expected impact of the policy on organizational outcomes. Once organizational stakeholders have been given foundational and critical information about the health care policy, you will provide them with a succinct, in-depth assessment of the impact of the policy on the organization.
In a 2- to 3-page executive summary:
• Briefly discuss the relevance of the policy to the organization.
• Explain areas within the organization that will be affected by the policy.
• Identify key organizational stakeholders impacted by this policy. Explain how they will be affected.
• Assess any community impact that will need to be taken into consideration