Argument Essay Outline
Are We killing the earth?
• Global warming is a real thing and we need to stop it.
• Climate change and global warming has been pushed to side for too long and time’s need to change as we never know when it’ll to be too late to care.
• Global warming isn’t man made
“But they never quantify what they say is the driving force behind it all: temperature”
• Global Warming isn’t real
• “These scientists hold to a strict definition as being defined as a rise in atmospheric temperature, they do not consider the atmospheric as valid evidence.”
• Global warming is real”
• “The Global Warming Is Real Uncertainties Abound concerning the magnitude of the coming greenhouse warming (Science, 6 January, p. 28), but most climatologists are now confident that the warming of the past century is real and not the product of an error in climate records, such as the progressive warming due to growing urban areas.”
• The issue of global warming is one that reaches beyond the question of whether the atmosphere is indeed heating up due to the long enduring emission rates of greenhouse gases.
• Global warming can be stopped
• “We found that we can still keep global warming below 2°C largely thanks to increasing use of clean energy, a global decline in coal use, improvements in energy efficiency, and a consequent stalling of emissions from fossil fuels over the past three years.”
• However, our research shows that for emissions to move onto a downward trend at the required speed will require emission reductions in a broader range of sectors and more rapid deployment of existing low-carbon technologies.
• Earth will survive even if we don’t
o However, he warns, for humans to remain a part of its continual transformation, a greater collective effort must be made to deter the advancement of climate change.
o Frank asserts that humanity’s survival depends on its ability to truly understand the workings of the biosphere and endeavor toward a harmonious relationship with the planet.
Conclusion: Whether or not global warming is a real thing, we should still take care of the planet as we don’t know what the future holds. The fate of the planet rest on our hands so we should do everything we can to make sure the future has a planet to live on.