Read each ( six )of the articles listed below and examine how each argument is made and what evidence is used to support it. After reading each of the articles, jot down any ideas and opinions you have about each one. If you were asked to respond to the ideas presented in the essay, what would you say, and what quotations would you refer to?
1) Identify each article’s thesis (main argument) as well as key supporting details.
2) Highlight or underline important quotations and paraphrasing each articles’ main ideas. (paraphrasing the important quotation of each articles.)
4)Compare and constricting each articles (compare and constricting the listed articles each other and answer this questions .
• What do the articles have in common?
• What topics/issues do they share, and how do they address them?
• How do they differ in their ideas, conclusions, and/or points of view?
• What conclusions can be drawn by comparing them?
List of articles. Articles:
1)“Professions for Women” by Virginia Woolf (p. 93)
2)“Behavioral Study of Obedience” by Stanley Milgram (p. 137)
3)“On Seeing England for the First Time” by Jamaica Kincaid (p. 306)
4)“We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families” by Philip Gourevitch
5)“The Unrepentant Whore” by Michael Harris
6) “The Sasquatch at Home: Traditional Protocols and Storytelling” by Eden Robinson