Assignment 1 questions: PowerPoint and readings
Directions: Using the PowerPoint for week 1 and the additional reading materials, answer the questions below. You can submit your answer in the assignment box or as an attachment in the assignment window.
1. Compare and contrast STI with and STD.
2. What is a pathogen?
3. List and briefly describe the pathogens that cause STDs.
4. Looking at the statistics slide in the PowerPoint and going to the url, which bacterial STD is most common in MA? In NY? Which is least common?
5. Looking at the statistics slide in the PowerPoint and going to the url, which races have the highest rate of infection? Which age group?
6. Looking at the statistics slide in the PowerPoint and going to the url, how do the genders vary?
7. Compare and contrast sexual and asexual reproduction.
8. List two pros and two cons of both sexual and asexual reproduction.
9. What are secondary sex characteristics?
10. What hormones are responsible of these characteristics?