assignment #3 only
Assignment #3 (Due 06/05/15)
Ecomap and Genogram
15% of grade (Grading Rubric found in Appendix II)
Paper #3 Goal:To meet the over-arching goals of Community, Health and Wellness, Professional Values, Communication, Leadership, and Analytical Reasoning through:
• Communicate effectively in writing and speech
• Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for professional development and practice within the ethical framework of nursing
• Increase awareness of limitations in knowledge and seeking opportunities to enhance competent practice
• Demonstrate critical thinking, competent clinical reasoning and analytical skills necessary for safe quality nursing practice
• Demonstrate culturally varied family systems sensitivity in delivery of care
• Empower individuals, families, and the community to develop positive health behaviors through health promotion and health education
• Integrate methods of research process and findings in planning, implementing and evaluating care and in support of evidence based practice
• Demonstrate the ability to positively adapt to the dynamic of change present in all families
• Provide holistic health care that enhances diverse families dignity and reflects a commitment to caring
• Demonstrate leadership abilities and political skills to attain quality care for individuals, families and community members
Paper #3 Objective:
The student will create a realistic ecomap and genogram for three generations of one family.
• Draw a three generation genogram of your family
• Complete an ecomap for your family at the current/present time
• Follow instructions provided in Friedman, Bowden, and Jones for genograms and ecomaps
o Ch 8, p.230-236 (Genograms), Ch 17, p.496-498 (Ecomaps), Ch 9, p.247-261
Note: Pay special attention to “Characteristics of the neighborhood and community environments” p.254-261
• Note health, cultural, and social issues of all family members. Include a family chronology/history or narrative as appropriate.
• Compare and contrast the type of information obtained from the genograms and ecomap (APA format: 2 pages in length)
• Turn the Compare and Contrast paper in with your genogram and ecomap
• You may use a computer to construct the genogram and ecomapOR you can free-draw (legibly) the genogram and ecomap
Grading Rubric of the assignment
Evaluation Criteria Emerging: (0.0-1.4) Need for improvement overshadows apparent strengths. Evidence of the outcomes is present. Developing: (1.5-2.4) Strengths and need for improvement are about equal. Competent: (2.5-3.4) Shows skill in this outcome. Improvement still desired. Strong: (3.5-4.0) Applies outcome in multiple contexts. Many strengths are present.
(MOC, MOP) Has an elementary level of understanding of healthcare delivery systems. Understands healthcare delivery systems as shaped by public health policies and societal issues. Informs individual and families about quality healthcare through understanding of healthcare delivery systems shaped by public health policies and societal issues. Advocates quality healthcare for groups and communities through in-depth understanding of healthcare delivery systems shaped by public health policies and societal issues.
Analytic Reasoning (MOC, POC) Beginning level of integrating research and scholarship for the care of individuals & families. Intermediate level of integrating research and scholarship for the care of individuals, families, groups & communities. Able to critique research findings to determine applicability and appropriateness to diverse populations. Can apply epidemiological, clinical research, outcomes research, social science & health systems information to identify efficient, evidence-based quality improvement approaches to healthcare.
Community Health & Wellness (MOC, POC) Beginning level of implementing nursing care that is directed toward improving the overall health and quality of life for vulnerable, diverse, and/or marginalized populations. Intermediate level of implementing nursing care that is directed toward improving the overall health and quality of life for vulnerable, diverse, and/or marginalized populations. Able to implement nursing care that is directed toward creating, modifying and/or enhancing environments to promote overall health and quality of life for vulnerable, diverse, and/or marginalized populations. Assists individuals, families, groups, & communities to incorporate attitudes and behaviors that maintain/sustain wellness within the cultural frameworks in which they make decisions.
Role Development (MOP) Integrates caring behaviors in their professional nursing practice. Demonstrates professional role behaviors in their professional nursing practice. Demonstrates accountability for one’s own practice. Engages in ongoing independent, self-directed, life-long learning. Increases public awareness regarding the roles and values of the Professional Nurse as they relate to healthcare.
Scholarly Inquiry (MOC, MOP, POC) Recognizes that nursing theorists, models, and ethical frameworks exist. Demonstrates beginning level of incorporating nursing theorists, models, and ethical frameworks into clinical decisions. Utilizes nursing theorists, models, and ethical frameworks to make clinical decisions. Critiques, applies, and promotes the use of nursing theorists, models and ethical frameworks to design and implement clinical decisions.
Communication (MOC, MOP, POC) APA format absent. APA format utilized inconsistently. APA format utilized with few errors. APA format complete.