Writer, please read all the required readings, Media, and videos first and then answer question topic 1. Please ENSURE TO Support your arguments with data and concepts from the readings, videos, and simulation:
DRS: Daniels, J. D., Radebaugh, L. H. & Sullivan, D. P. International business. (15th ed.) Chap. 17, “Marketing globally,” p. 655-695; Chap. 18, “Global manufacturing and supply- chain management,” pp. 695-728.
Schaan, J. L. & Chandrasekhar, R. (2011). Mahindra & Mahindra in South Africa. Product No. W11547. Retrieved from http://hbsp.harvard.edu. (SEE ATTACHED FILE FOR CASE).
– Examine the ways marketing managers analyze a country’s market potential to develop an effective mix of marketing strategies (Chapter 17).
– Review the “standardization vs. adaptation” debate (Chapter 17).
– Examine nationally responsive vs. globally integrated marketing strategies (Chapter 17).
– Explore the different dimensions of global manufacturing strategies (Chapter 18).
– Examine the differen elements of global supply chain management, and how companies can manage the various links in the supply chain effectively (Chapter 18).
1. Required Media: Toyota: Outsourcing and Logistics (6:55 min.) For this go to: www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com (Username: firstname.lastname@example.org; password: lovegod1). When you get to the page, click on AMBA 660 course; then on the left side tab click on “Videos and Simulations”.
2. Required Video/Quiz: Emerging Markets—Spotlight on India and Mexico (8:07 min), www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com (same login info as above).
3. Recommended Media: Global Business Ethics: Pharmaceuticals in China. July 17, 2014. 11 minutes. The global challenges for Americans doing business in China, specifically the issue of pharmaceuticals in China and GSK, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woMuFbaimBs
Submit an analysis of the issues that responds to the criteria and questions listed below:
• Your report should incorporate concepts and information from required course readings, videos, and from conferences discussion into your analysis and weave these elements together. Additional research is not required; use only the data available in the case study itself. Analyze! Do not restate the facts of the case. The textbook has to be used extensively to support the paper!
The 8-page report is to be double-spaced with 1-inch margins, Times New Roman font, 12 point, posted as rtf or Word document. Use APA format for citations and references. The cover page and list of references are not part of the page count.
The report should be organized as follows:
1. Introduction: A brief paragraph that states succinctly the most significant, key aspects or issues raised by the case.
2. Analysis: Imagine that you are Mr. Shah. Prepare an 8-page presentation to the board of M&M (SA) regarding your recommended options. Provide the following:
A. Overview of the issues
Analyze M&M’s (SA) position and prospects within the overall M&M corporate strategy.
B. Analysis of possible options
Four managerial options are available:
1. Contract assembly: Collaborate with a local producer to use the latter’s surplus to assemble vehicles in South Africa?
2. Own manufacturing: Set up M&M’s own manufacturing unit?
3. Use South Africa as a hub: Adjust the current business model of importing completely built units (CBUs) from India to expand into the African market by using South Africa as a re-export hub?
4. Wait and Watch?
Your presentation to the board should present the downside and upside of each of the four options based on three criteria: Strategic attractiveness, economic viability, and organizational feasibility. Prognosticate where each of the decisions might bring M&M (SA) by 2015.
C. Conclusions and Recommendations (Lots of elaboration and analysis needed here. Can’t be too short).
Recommend one of the options to the board, and explain your choice.