Boundaries in TV shows and broadcasting
1. Boundaries – Read and research and then discuss these questions on your blog
(Remember to reference any sources as appropriate)
– Choose a subject area that is likely to offend and consider what context would make the material appropriate for broadcast on UK TV. (Taste and Decency)
– As a producer, what do you need to do to broadcast material responsibly, that may cause offense or shock in your programme?
– Why do you need a contributor to sign a consent form?
– What is the “duty of care” you have, as a programme maker, to a contributor?
– Why do you need permission to broadcast creative work (music, film, art, poetry, readings etc) made by another artist in your programme?
– In what context can you use clips from the Internet in a TV programme?