Please discuss, in a brief essay of at 300 words, what you believe to be the main issues raised by the readings. Try to use specific quotes from the work to back up what you are saying.
Use only these sources (No Outside Sources):
1. Read/Discuss John Steinbeck, “The Leader of the People,” located in this website: http://www.d.umn.edu/cla/faculty/tbacig/cst1030/1030anth/steinbec.html
2. Read/Discuss Robert Hayden, “Middle Passage,” located in this website: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43076/middle-passage
3. Read/Discuss Robert Hayden, “Those Winter Sundays,” located in this website: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46461/those-winter-sundays
4. Read/Discuss Randell Jarrell, “The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner,” located in this website: https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/death-ball-turret-gunner
5. Read/Discuss Richard Wilbur, “The Death of a Toad,” located in this website: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/browse?contentId=24922