Building a Better Relationship between UO and Eugene
Read the Case Statement and conduct some further individual research to write short essays addressing the following questions. Write in clear and concise sentences, making reference to specific information as well as your creative ideas. Be aware that each writing assignments as a minimum word length requirement. ALSO, make sure you list at least two research reference sources that you used.
Write your essays in this word.doc that has been downloaded from the Canvas site. Then do two things:
1. copy all of your text and paste it into the Canvas Section “Submit a Text Entry” in the “Submit Assignment: Final Exam” under Assignments in Canvas.
2. then as a backup, attach your word.doc file under “File Upload.”
Follow the format below. The total available points for the Final is 30 and each section lists how much that part is worth.
In order to build a better relationship between Eugene and UO, you are assigned to write up a plan that will create activities to bring the two groups closer together. Your plan will be divided into four sections, plus your list of two reference sources, and should be structured as follows:
I. Setting the Context: Help the people of Eugene better understand what are the prominent qualities and descriptions of UO and Eugene.
Write two short essays, minimum length of 250 words each, on your observations of:
1. Eugene: its history, its current state, and its future possibilities
2. UO: its history, its current state, and its future possibilities
I.1. Eugene: its history, its current state, and its future possibilities (4 points)
I.2. UO: its history, its current state, and its future possibilities (4 points)
II. Developing the Plans:
Write out three plans, minimum length of 250 words of each one, on your ideas of what an event could look like for the following three celebrations. Of the information you must mention for each event are:
– the cultural context of the year the event, referencing historical
events and political conditions (projected for 2016)
– place(s) of event
– type of music and entertainment at event
– an Award presented to the Most Significant Building or space
in Eugene (either on campus or in Eugene)
– a special event/speech/presentation that would bring
attention to building the relationship between UO and Eugene
1. Eugene’s 100 Anniversary, 1946
2. UO’s 100th Anniversary, 1976
3. Together We Can: A Celebration of the Relationship of
Eugene and UO, 2016
II.1. Eugene’s 100 Anniversary, 1946 (4 points)
II.2. UO’s 100th Anniversary, 1976 (4 points)
II.3. Together We Can: A Celebration of the Relationship of Eugene and UO, 2016
III. Supporting the Community:
In your plan for 2016, propose how the city and university could jointly support the problem of hunger in the area and the need to minimize the use of natural resources in producing energy need for fuel to power electricity, water, and transportation. Write at least one short essay, minimum total length of 250 words, on each the following topics:
1. How would you deal with all of the leftover food from the food at the
special event you are organizing for 2016? How would it be collected, safely stored, and distributed? How would you determine WHO receives the food? (4 points)
2. Name at least three strategies that you will use to conserve resources being used in your special event of 2016 and explain how these strategies will be implemented. These resources could be defined as money, electricity, water, and fuel for transportation. (4 points)
Describe your projected results/outcomes of the event planned for 2016, Together We Can: A Celebration of the Relationship of Eugene and UO. Make observations of what this more positive and productive relationship would look like. Of the information you must mention are:
1. How would Eugene residents be more tolerant of the crowds assembled for campus sporting events and celebrations and UO students more respectful of Eugene residents around campus during the school year? (1.5 points) Write one short essay of at least 100 words.