business and professional ethics question essay
Assessment 3: Essay requirements (1300 words, plus/minus 10%)
About this essay I need you follow the template ‘s form to write done it .
For example, the writing form should be like this :
1.1 Explanation and discussion
PS: 1. I will send you a template essay , please follow its writing form to complete it . And on the each part of Explanation and discussion you can imitate the template’s words , but should make sure use your own word . Do not make words similar higher.
2. I will send you some week 1- week 12 lecture notes . Week 1-week 7 are involved with Business Ethics, but week 9-week 12 are involved with Professional Ethics. So please note. May be the topic that you chosen involved with business and professional ethics
Your essay must incorporate some critical evaluative discussion of the relevant arguments presented in at least two of the assigned readings for your chosen topic. A critical evaluative discussion includes assessment of possible opposing viewpoints and objections, and requires you to state your own view clearly and to defend it using some of the theoretical resources (theories, analysis) that we have studied in the unit.
Any quotations or paraphrasing of ideas/concepts from the texts, course notes or other sources must be appropriately referenced with a page number.
Answer ONE of the following questions:
1. Why does Nozick deny that justice requires attention to patterns of distribution?
Explain and analyse Nozick’s theory and compare this account with John Rawls’ theory of distributive justice. Explain which theory you find most convincing, and why.
2. Milton Friedman argues that the social responsibility of business is to increase profits. What particular challenges to Friedman’s argument are posed by low-cost labour outsourcing? Do these challenges undermine Friedman’s argument? Use an actual example to illustrate your answer.
3. ‘It is up to a country’s government to set the local laws, and businesses must follow them.’ Under what circumstances would it be unethical for a Multi National Corporation (MNC) that is operating in a foreign country to comply with local laws? Use at least one actual example to illustrate your answer.
4. ‘Sweatshops cannot be unethical, because after all people choose to work in them.’ Explain and analyse the arguments that can be made for and against this view. Critically evaluate these arguments and give reasons why you agree or disagree.
5. Drawing on the main theories of environmental ethics, discuss the environmental issues that the business of mining raises. Do these issues justify a tax targeted solely at the mining industry?
6. Assuming an anthropocentric (instrumental) view of the environment, is it true that conservationists and corporations will always be in conflict? Use an actual example and give reasons to support your answer.
7. What limits (if any) should be placed on corporate lobbying of government? Refer to Kantian and utilitarian perspectives in your answer.
8. How do Sorrell and Hendry “Narrow and Broad Business Ethics” distinguish narrow and broad business ethics for firms or industries? How does this analysis apply to EITHER
(i) the ethics of discrimination and affirmative action? OR
(ii) the ethics of whistleblowing?
9. Does Albert Carr’s argument that business bluffing is ethical support or challenge Arrington’s conclusions about advertising? Defend your answer with careful argument and reference to at least one example.
10. In addition to claiming that corporations have no moral responsibilities beyond profit maximisation, Friedman also claims that corporations must maximise profits because they operate in competitive markets for capital, labour, products and so on. Focusing on the issue of product safety, discuss whether you agree with this claim and the implications for business ethics.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂