1. Distinguish among an employee, an independent contractor and an agent.
2. What factors will a court take into consideration when determining compensation in a wrongful dismissal action? Indicate the various types of remedies that may be available to the
3. Distinguish between an agent’s actual, implied, and apparent authority. Explain why this distinction can be important from the agent’s point of view.
4. Set out the nature of the duties owed by a director of a corporation. To whom are these duties owed? Who else in the corporate organization owes similar duties?
5. Distinguish among a derivative action, dissent and oppression. Explain when it would be appropriate to use each of them.
6. What is meant by a restrictive covenant? Under what circumstances will such a covenant be binding on subsequent landowners? How does this relate to a building scheme?
7. Contrast a tenancy in common with a joint tenancy, and indicate how one can be changed to another. Why is the distinction important?
8. List the concerns for employers arising from computer misuse by employees in the workplace. What steps can employers take to minimize the risk of vicarious liability?
9. The Sale of Goods Act imposes terms relating to goods matching samples or descriptions, and meeting standards of fitness, quality and title. Explain the nature of these implied terms and
their effect on the parties. Indicate which terms are conditions and which are warranties. Explain the significance of the distinction.
10. How does the Bulk Sales Act protect creditors when a business is selling all, or almost all, of its assets?