A new student has just been assigned to your caseload but will be included in a general education math class. It is the first week of school and the student’s classroom teacher does not know what to do with him/her. You have been trained in differentiation of instruction and will help the teacher plan for the first two weeks of instruction in the general education setting. You are not planning for instruction that you will deliver in your special education program.
Here is what you know about your student:
Based upon the above information:
1. Decide on a unit of study you and the general education teacher will differentiate together.
2. How will you determine his/her readiness for learning?
3. How will you differentiate in terms of content?
4. How will you differentiate in terms of process or instructional strategies
5. How will you differentiate in terms of products?
Use Attachment C to complete this assignment.