Case Study – Deutsche Allgemeinversicherung
Provide your own analysis of the Deutsche Allgemeinversicherung (DAV) case study, addressing the questions below. Your paper should draw off the learning on this week’s discussion threads, as well as your other readings, but you need to critically examine the arguments that were made and apply your own conclusions.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you:
1. Determine the primary advantages of DAV using Statistical Process Control (SPC).
2. Describe the major challenges and limitations in applying SPC to a service industry as opposed to a manufacturing industry.
3. Prioritize the problems facing Annette Kluck, as described in the “Measurement Challenges” section of the case, from the most to the least serious.
4. Determine why each of the problems you prioritized in the previous criterion is occurring and how it could be resolved.
5. Once DAV implements accurate measurements, determine what actions can be taken to improve the existing processes.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze tactical procedures of operations management in a competitive industry.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
• Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.