case study on a struggling reader who is an ESL student
In 250-500 words, introduce the rationale for your case study and communicate the research question(s).
This rationale introduction should include the following at a minimum:
1. The specific purpose of the study.
2. At least one research question that guides the study.
3. An overall rationale why this study should be conducted.
In 500-1,000 words, review the research literature and peer-reviewed journals regarding the effect qualitative reading inventories and subsequent educational intervention plans have on literacy development in secondary students.
For each student that you intend to work with (no more than three), write a profile of 250-500 words. Your profile should include the following at a minimum:
1. Name (pseudonym), age, and grade level of subject(s).
2. How each subject typically performs in reading activities.
3. Literacy behavior indicators exhibited in a class environment.
4. Behavior indicators exhibited outside the class environment.
5. Attitudes about reading.
6. Second language issues.
7. Family involvement if possible.
8. Reason you chose the student(s) for your case study.