Case Study which discusses the provision and coordination of person-centred care to patient linked to a real patient they have cared for whilst on clinical placement.
Case Study Instructions: 1500 words
• Utilise the Clinical Reasoning Cycle ( Levett-Jones, 2013)(a clinical decision making framework) to plan and evaluate person-centred care.
• Considering the person`s situation, collect, process and present related health information.
• Identify and prioritise at least three (3) nursing problems/issues based on the health assessment data that you have identified for the person at the centre of care.
• Establish goals for priority of nursing care as related to the nursing problems/issues identified.
• Discuss the nursing care of the person; link it to assessment data and history.
• Evaluate your nursing care strategies to justify the nursing care provided
• Reflect on the person`s outcomes.
• The content in the case study matches the outline presented in the introductory paragraph. Paragraphs are organized, and there is a logical progression of ideas so that content flows from one paragraph to the next. The case study ends with a rational conclusion.
• Comprehensively defines and discusses the provision of ethical, legal, evidenced-based, holistic person centred care, including the establishment of realistic and relevant goals. Includes relevant discussion on the collection, processing and presentation of client/patient information. Clearly identifies and prioritises nursing issues/problems.
• There is evidence of both depth and breadth of reading. A considered argument related to nursing care and issues/problems is presented, and is supported by adequate and appropriate evidence.
• The writing is organized into paragraphs, and the information is organized appropriately within the paragraph. Each paragraph relates to discrete idea. There are clear linking sentences that link each paragraph to the next.
• Credible and relevant references are used. Accurate use of APA referencing style in all instances. A range of in text citations has been used.
81 years old Female patient was transferred from Orthopaedic ward to Geriatric Rehabilitation ward for on going care after suffering from fall @ home. Patient had
# R NOF (fractured on Right Neck of Femur), surgical procedure is done to repair a break in the upper part of the thighbone. Therefore, patient needs continuous care that focus on wound healing, prevent complications and return to premorbid level of function. Aim goals step-by-step methods of care; multidisciplinary team approach to patient physical and emotional well being and family.