Championing an Ethical Cause
Being a professional in the Internet age requires mastering a variety of writing styles. For this assignment, you will develop a written report that champions one side of a controversial ethical issue. Please select one issue from below:
• Companies secretly collecting and selling information about your online behaviors
• Using social media to identify protesters
• Censorship in the United States or overseas
• Minors using social media
• Crowdsourcing to identify suspects of a crime
• Loss of privacy when using free Wi-Fi
Research Requirements: You must use at least 2 articles from an online database (Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and/or ProQuest Central).
Create a work that highlights your research abilities, critical thinking skills, and communication talents. Your paper should include:
• Introduction which includes background Information and ends with your position (point of view) (2 -3 paragraphs).
• Support for your position (1 page)
• Addressing the opposing viewpoint (1 page)
• Conclusion (2 -3 paragraphs)
Focus on making a solid case for your point of view on one side or the other of a controversial issue. Your grade will be based on the strength of your position, your ability to analyze rather than summarize research, and your ability to effectively support your view.
In academic writing it is necessary to use the third person vs. the first person. This assignment will be written in the third person. *Do not use any quotations*. Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format.
Your submission will include:
• cover page
• A three-page paper with APA citations (introduction, body, conclusion)
• The reference list in APA format