PLEASE ATTACH THIS PAGE AS YOUR COVER PAGE
ASSIGNED 5th June, 2019-DUE BACK-10th June,2019
On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage is a right protected by the US Constitution in all 50 states. Yet to this day, same-sex marriage continues to be a highly debated issue that leaves our society searching for answers. Proponents of legal gay marriage contend that gay marriage bans were discriminatory and unconstitutional, and that same-sex couples should have had access to all the benefits enjoyed by different-sex couples. That makes it a debate about CIVIL RIGHTS.
Opponents contend that marriage has been defined in the Bible as being between one man and one woman, and that marriage is primarily for procreation. This argument makes it a RELIGIOUS DEBATE
Read the arguments on both sides and attempt to logically draw a conclusion about the rights of the homosexuals to marry.
• Explain what is a civil right and how the new Law has added to the civil rights of the gay people
• Explain how the opposition to Gay marriage is affected by Divine Command theory(accepting God’s command without logical question)
• Explain how the Natural Law theory supports the opposition to Gay Marriage.
• Now explain if all the arguments logically add up against each other.
• PLEASE REMEMBER OUR PERSONAL OPINION DOES NOT FIGURE IN PHILOSOPHICAL DISCUSSION.
Correct understanding of the ISSUE And THE ARGUMENT -40
CRITICAL THINKING (ANALYSIS OF THE ARGUMENTS)-30
LENGTH-3 pages (MLA FORMAT. DOUBLE SPACE, FONT SIZE 12)-5
SPELLING AND GRAMMAR-10
BIBLIOGRAPHY- 15 (Separate Page)
• One reputed Internet Websites of Philosophy. (NO WIKIPEDIA)
• One article from Reputed Newspapers like New York Times, Atlantic, Wall Street Journal.
• Recommended Philosophy Websites-
- Plato Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy