- What are the indicators of exceptionality a classroom teacher should look for when a student also has a language barrier?
- How do informal and formal assessment results factor into placement?
- What role do parents and teachers have in placement?
4.What are some primary factors that are exhibited in underachievement that may not necessarily signal special education needs?
- How are changes among individual ELL proficiency levels over the course of the school year accounted for?
- How are diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments integrated for ELLs in mainstream classrooms?
- What are the benefits of the SIOP protocol for native English speakers as well as those for whom English is an additional language?
Consolidate your findings in a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation to inform your colleagues about the assessment and placement process.
Describe the content and use of the Arizona English Language Learner Assessment (AZELLA) in guiding ELL instruction. How do AZELLA score reports facilitate achievement among ELLs? Compare the use of the AZELLA to the assessment and placement process in your state. If your state is Arizona, you may elaborate on this process. How does the assessment and placement process in your state facilitate achievement among ELLs?