Collaborating for Social Change
In the final report we want you to present an argument as to why you have met the learning outcomes.
TITLE: I have met the learning outcomes of this module because…..
The learning outcomes for the module are:
LEARNING OUTCOMES*: (Max of 10)
On successful completion of the module students will be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
a) Explain the complexity and key theoretical features of collaborative behaviour change
b) Explain the implications of the differences between essentialist and social constructionist approaches when working to change behaviour
Subject – Specific Skills
c) Make judgements by critical analysis in different contexts, the theoretical principles of collaborative behaviour change
d) To demonstrate an ability to evaluate their own use of collaborative, strengths and solutions based strategies in complex situations
e) Maintain co-operative working relationships, promoting group motivation.
f) Generate solutions and take appropriate action by identify problems, applying concepts, principles and techniques, and identify alternatives solutions.
We have rearranged these into two types of outcomes: content and quality.
You must use these headings to provide evidence and an argument, drawing on (i.e. quoting) your journals, your workshop notes and relevant literature to demonstrate that you have met the overall outcomes:
1. Introduction: a) Why and b)how you intend to employ these skills in a place of work (either where you are currently living, working or volunteering, or where you plan to work) to achieve non-oppressive change
2. Reflection on the challenges of applying theory to practice, and back again.
3. Commentary on examples where your practice was good and bad, how you knew that, and what you did to adjust your practice.
4. Conclusion: A final justification summarising the key points of how you have met the learning outcomes of the module.
These are necessarily threaded through your write-up:
5. Evidence of core reading, your own additional reading of relevant academic literature (no websites) through standard Harvard referencing
6. The integration (through quotations) of your journals
7. Clarity of writing and communicating
This will be submitted via Turnitin as normal.