A. Select one of the following communicable diseases that has had an outbreak across international borders: out of the list I picked the Ebola virus and would like to use the most recent outbreak.
B. Describe the outbreak of the disease selected in part A, including each of the following:
• name of the disease
• the countries involved
• the date the outbreak was discovered
• the dates the disease reached each involved country
- Analyze the epidemiological determinants and risk factors associated with the outbreak.
- Discuss the route of transmission of the selected disease.
- Discuss how an outbreak of the selected disease would impact your community at a systems level (e.g., the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
- Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak of the selected disease were to occur in your community. ( My community is a small town outside of Houston named Bay City. We have a lot of plant workers (like nuclear power plants, oil field workers.. we are on the coast and have a lot of lower income families.)
- Discuss two strategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak of the selected disease in your community.