Answer the following reflection questions in an essay format:
- Reflect on the various ways you previously served the community. What are two or three ways that service made an impact on your life experience? If there was little to no impact, why do you think that is? Explain.
- How do you think this community service experience might differ from previous community service experiences?
- In what ways do you think community service could be counterproductive to the community? In what ways might community service be counterproductive to those being served?
- Most communities have specific social issues that need to be addressed.
What challenges do you anticipate encountering while serving the assigned community for this course?
- Reflecting on the previous questions, do you think that community service makes a difference? If so, for whom? At whose or to whose benefit? Explain.