Sales Project 2 – Company Sales Project
Select the company that you would like to research. I would encourage you to select a for-profit organization that sells a product(s) or service(s). You may research your own business or a company that you are employed with.
Complete the Company Sales Project meeting these guidelines:
1) Provide an analysis of the company’s financial data and profits from last three years. You should be very specific. For example: you may include a financial analysis based on sales revenue (including year 2016, 2015 and 2014) by product or service and net profit results for each of the year. In addition, provide product/ service(s) segment and geographic area if this information is applicable. Note that all financial information may be found in the annual report.
2) Identify and evaluate sales trends and some possible causes for these trends.
3) Describe the product or services offered and sold.
4) Identify and discuss company’s sales department or team? In your opinion is this a successful department or team? Why? What are the characteristics?
5) Analyze the company’s product or segment line structure?
6) Identify and discuss the company’s geographic area(s)?
7) What kind of markets does the company target?
8) Identify and describe company’s marketing strategy?
9) Discuss the company’s sales model? Does the company use a sales model? For example: 5-P Sales, Relationship Sales, Personality Styles Sales, Presentation Based, Problem Solving Sales, Value-Added Sales or Closing Model.
10) Does the company use single or multiple sales channels?
11) Identify and discuss the company’s sales strategy.
12) Provide any additional information that you may consider important.