Homework Assignment #4
• Hand this in at the beginning of class, not by email.
• Use Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1-inch margins as indicated in the homework template.
• In contrast to the paper – this should be 2-sided and single-spaced.
• Use the homework template!
1) You have completed a thorough contextual analysis of your company, and have identified a problem that you will tackle in the paper. Based on your causal analysis, brainstorm and identify 3-4 plausible solutions to address the problem. Be sure they are feasible and ethical solutions! Your solutions should make sense and show solid business decision thinking.
2) Using the weighted-criteria decision matrix tool we discussed in class, determine and give weights to the key criteria you will use to evaluate the solutions. Build your matrix and evaluate which of the solutions identified in the previous question will best solve the problem. Include the matrix here, along with a brief description of each criteria’s significance and weight (i.e. why did you choose these criteria, and why did you weight them as you did?)
3) Okay, now you’ve got a strong recommendation. Using the Cost Benefit Analysis tool discussed in class, identify the tangible and intangible costs and benefits associated with your solution. At this point I just want you to identify and list them. If possible, you should try to quantify the tangible components in your final paper. Put this in a table format.