Computer IT Exam
1. When you want the home page to link to pages dedicated to specific topics, you should use the ____.
augmented linear structure
2. To differentiate the absolute pathnames to files that are located on different drives, HTML requires you to include the drive letter followed by a ____.
3. What happens if the coordinates of your <area> tags in an image map overlap?
the first tag is used
the last tag is used
the tag used is selected arbitrarily
the overlapping tags are ignored
4. CSS supports the ___ basic color names.
5. ____ units express font size relative to the size of other objects within the Web page.
6. _______ are not elements that exist in the document hierarchy but rather are based on objects that exist in the rendered Web page.
7. Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Art’s Woodworking Shop is trying to design a Web page with CSS. Art would like create the new design based on the latest elements and styles from HTML and CSS. He has created a few sample pages:
home.htm —describes the business and contact information
Product.htm —list of product descriptions
Custom.htm —list of custom products
Art’s product style sheets can be imported into a single sheet by adding the command _____
8. Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Tim is creating a page to display his poker club’s set of rules. He has main categories and subcategories along with about a paragraph or more of explanation for each.
Tim wants to display the subcategories in capital letters but does not want them to appear more important than the main categories, so he wants small capital letters. Which style should he use?
9. The ____ keyword tells the browser to scale the image in order to cover all the background while still retaining the proportions of the image.
10. ____ allows you to specify multiple images and their properties in a comma-separated list.
11. ____ an element takes that element out of the normal flow of the document and positions it along the left or right edge of its containing element.
12. Each browser’s ____ style sheet sets the margins around block elements such as paragraphs and headings.
13. What is the value of the list-style style that will cause no marker to be displayed?
14. The scroll value of the overflow style keeps the element at the specified dimensions, but adds horizontal and vertical scroll bars to allow users to scroll through the ____.
15. Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
The Yacht club has a Web site that consists of a picture of the yacht club room along with the yacht club rules on the left. On the right is a list of Upcoming Events, the company logo, and then yacht club teacher training dates. Sue, the Web designer, needs some help with CSS to make sure the pages display correctly.
Sue needs to create a ____ style sheet so that no unwanted styles will creep in from any browser’s internal style sheet.
16. The table header, table body, and table footer must all contain the same number of ____.
17. You reference columns individually using the ____ element.
18. You can use the ____ tag to display preformatted text.
19. To create a cell that spans two rows and two columns at the same time, you enter the <td> tag as ____.
<td rows=“2” cols=“2”>
<td rowspan=“2” colspan=“2”>
20. Cascading Style Sheets included support for Web tables starting with ____.
21. Text ____ are used for extended entries that can include several lines of text.
22. To set the number of options displayed at one time in the selection list, add the attribute_______,
selected = “selected”
select = “select”
23. Another way you can specify the width is to use the ____ attribute.
24. To group option buttons so that selecting one deselects all of the others, you must make the ____ attribute the same.
25. A ____ should be used to provide visual indication that option buttons belong in the same group.
26. Case-Based Critical Thinking Questions
Larry has just bought an online Web hosting solution from a popular ISP. He knows the ISP provides some scripts to allow people to create logon pages for their Web site if they want to have a password-protected blog, for example. Larry wants to create such a page for his blog about video games.
Which element will Larry most likely use to create the password element?
27. Each measurement of a sound wave is called a(n) ____.
28. The ____ format synthesizes musical sounds by recording each note’s pitch, length, and volume.
29. ____ is a popular music format limited to instrumental music, and cannot be used for general sounds.
30. The ____ attribute can be used to identify where to download a plug-in.