Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be 4 pages.
- Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
- The source of the concept for this assignment must be a published nursing theory. Non-nursing theories may NOT be used.
- A minimum of 6 (six) scholarly references must be used. A dictionary maybe used as a reference for the section titled “Definition/Explanation of the selected nursing concept”, but it is NOT counted as one of the 6 required scholarly nursing references. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided.
- References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them.
- Ideas and information from scholarly, peer reviewed, nursing sources must be cited and referenced correctly.
Possible Concepts: The following concepts are not required; students may select one of these concepts or find another concept. Each selected concept must be associated with a nursing theory; the use of non-nursing theories is NOT allowed. If you have any questions regarding your concept or the nursing theory, please consult with your faculty member for assistance. Please note: the concepts of incivility and civility are not allowed for this assignment.
• Compassion fatigue
• Cultural humility
• Health • Leadership
• Palliative care
• Quality of life
• Sensory overload
• Situational awareness