The objective of the project is to evaluate, analyse, and describe the process of a specified consumer purchase decision and its effect on the marketing strategy of a particular organisation. For example, you may choose to research automobile purchases and Toyota or cell phone purchases and Motorola. First, you need to identify a consumer purchase decision and the related organisation that you will be investigating.
For the Final Project, due in Week 8, students are to complete the following steps:
Identify and analyse the consumer behaviour related to the purchase process of this type of product (i.e., product category).
Evaluate the aspects involved with the purchase process that are significant to the selected organisation.
Evaluate the consumer behaviour implications, issues, and considerations that the organisation must address concerning its marketing strategy.
Identify and analyse the organisation’s marketing strategy for inclusiveness of consumer behaviour considerations.
Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the organisation’s marketing strategy regarding the consumer purchasing decision.
The Final Project should follow the given outline:
1. Introduce the product/model chosen for analysis.
2. Describe the current targeted market segment using concepts introduced in your text, research into standard industry periodicals, and research from other library sources.
3. Analyse the product manufacturer’s current marketing strategy used towards this target segment. At a minimum, use of models from the text would be expected.
4. Using the University of Liverpool library, research the market segment, product, and industry further for information that will be helpful in forming strategies and recommendations.
5. Draw conclusions about the strengths and weaknesses of the current marketing strategy and make recommendations.
6. Compile and include a full Bibliography using Harvard referencing format.
Your Final Project should also include a section on how and where you obtained the information sources, as well as the methodology used to perform any analysis. This project should follow a structured approach and should be prepared and presented as a professional business report. Completion of the Final Project will require a thorough understanding and application of consumer behaviour concepts. For this project you will need to research various secondary research sources, such as academic articles, books, and Web sites.
Use citations from –> Text Book: Peter, J.P. & Olson, J.C. (2010) Consumer behavior and marketing strategy. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.