Practical Application of Cost & Budgeting Practices in Sai Hair Beauty and Spa
1:Report: based on an interview made with VP and Head of Operations of Sai Hair Beauty and Spa (Kuwait).
Guidance Notes: 1,500 words
1) Select any one business organization from anywhere in the world where you have direct access. Be a small business / store / medium sized business or a large
company. It may or may not be listed on a stock exchange.
2) Based on what you learn in the module, do a survey of the business about:
a. Nature of the business in which the company operates and the company ?s current situation
b. Organization Structure
c. Products / Services Portfolio
d. Different types of cost with examples
e. Budgeting practices
f. Management control practices
3) Critically evaluate the organization’s current budgeting and management control practices
4) Critically evaluate (points in favour and against) the organizations costing and budgeting and then write your own conclusion and recommendations for the future
changes / improvements of the company’s cost and budgeting practices.
5) You must have taken at least 1 interview directly with the person involved in the business. (provide contact details of the interviewee in the Appendix).
6) The following will the criteria for marking:
(i) Depth and coverage of topic
(ii) Quality of Interview & Analysis
(iii) Presentation and formatting
(iv) Accurate referencing of literature
2:”please pick one” from the selection
Write an essay that answers ONE of the following questions after consulting the
Suggestions for Essay Exam Writing – PDF (88 KB)
Historians are always trying to understand causes and consequences. Causes tell us how things happened (or changed) and consequences indicate the size and scope of the
change. One would expect the biggest changes to have the biggest consequences. What would you say were the three most important changes that occurred from 8000 BCE to
1450 CE? Why were they the most important changes? What were their consequences or effects (up to 1450 CE)? What were their origins or causes?
The great classical cultures of Eurasia created separate identities but each of these cultures also contained important elements that other peoples adopted. In the
classical and post-classical periods (600 BCE to 1450 CE), the peoples and cultures of this vast area had consistent and enduring interactions. What were three main
causes or sources of this new integration of Eurasia? What were three important consequences or effects? What made these causes or sources and consequences or effects