Course Concept Redesign
Please read the directions and finish the essay, try to get the full credits
Learning Goal: 1.1 Analytical thinking
Dimension: Acquires, analyzes, and evaluates information from multiple sources.
Description: In this assignment, you will take a concept from this course and redesign the way it is taught. The redesign is intended to teach the concept in the most effective way possible to an incoming freshman at Michigan State University. You will 1) choose a concept; 2) identify and evaluate THREE outside sources addressing the concept; 3) create a new way to teach the concept to a specific audience based on those sources; and 4) write an explanatory essay on how and why you selected sources for this assignment.
STEP 1. Choose a concept from the course to redesign. Examples include Ozone, Greenhouse Effect, Climate Change, etc.
STEP 2. Identify THREE sources that address the chosen concept and evaluate these sources based on biases, strengths, and weaknesses. Consider the following:
1. Search strategy: What process are you using to identify diverse sources and why? These might include: Google, social media, library, newspaper, article databases, etc.
2. Credibility: Where did the source come from and who wrote it?
3. Relevance: Is the information in the source recent or timely?
4. Objectivity: What kind of methods, evidence, or arguments did they provide?
STEP 3. Determine how you would use those sources to support the redesign of the chosen concept for an incoming freshman at Michigan State University. Examples include making a poster, building a website, creating a YouTube video, giving a speech, etc.
STEP 4. Submit an essay (500-700 words) that addresses the following:
1. Search strategy: Describe and rationalize your plan to identify the sources used in the assignment.
2. Source quality: Describe the type of sources you chose (articles, books, videos, websites, etc.) and the overall quality of this collection.
3. Source evaluation: Evaluate each source in terms of credibility, relevance, and objectivity (refer to step 2).
DUE: [Monday, December 1]
1. A 100-200-word description of the way in which you would redesign the concept.
2. A 500 to 700-word essay reflecting on your search strategy, overall quality, and evaluation of the sources you used to inform your final redesign.
GRADING RUBRIC: COURSE CONCEPT REDESIGN
Learning Goal: Analytical Thinking
Dimension: Acquires, analyzes, and evaluates information from multiple sources
Component Criterion Points
Search Strategy 0 points: Does not address search strategies
1 point: Identifies one or more strategies to find sources
2 point: Describes one or more strategies to find sources
3 points: Evaluates one or more strategies to find sources
4 points: Defends one or more strategies to find sources
Source Quality 0 points: Does not consider range and quality of source collection
1 point: Identifies a poor range and/or poor quality of source collection
2 point: Describes the range and quality of source collection
3 points: Analyzes range and quality of source collection
4 points: Defends range and quality of source collection
Source Evaluation 0 points: Does not evaluate individual sources
1 point: Does not address all of the following criteria – credibility, relevance, accessibility and objectivity of sources
2 point: Describes credibility, relevance, accessibility and objectivity of sources
3 points: Analyzes credibility, relevance, accessibility and objectivity of sources
4 points: Defends credibility, relevance, accessibility and objectivity of sources
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂