Part 1: Submit a 1-2 page, double-spaced report New Mexico prosecuting attorney. Include the following:
• Name, title, date, time and address of the prosecuting attorney.
• What is the importance of a criminal investigator’s testimony in court, and how can this testiony make or break a case?
• Explanation why some cases are not prosecuted.
• Tips for a criminal investigator for providing expert witness testimony. What are some good and bad habits the prosecutor has witnessed during a law enforcement officers’ testimony?
• What are some key points to remember when testifying during cross-examination?
• What is the impact of Brady v. Maryland and Giglio v. United States in his/her prosecutions?
Part 2: Compose a proper business letter to the prosecutor you interviewed thanking him or her for the time spent with you on the interview. Mail or hand deliver one copy of the letter to the prosecutor. Submit one copy to the drop box with this assignment.
Part 3: Write a 1 1/2 – 2 page double-spaced reflection about what you have learned from this interview, and what you have learned from this class.