conduct a 45 minute interview with someone who is from a different culture then you. It is up to you how you define what is meant by a “different culture” and who you choose to interview for this assignment. They can be someone who is from a different country, a different ethnicity, different religion or a member of a sub-culture that is different from your own.
The following is a list of possible questions that you can use for your interview, or you can make up your own!
1. What is your definition of “culture?”
2. What is your cultural and/or ethnic background?
3. How do you define “family?”
4. What is your family structure?
5. Did you ever live with your grandparents or extended family?
6. Who holds the most “status” in your family? Why?
7. What is the primary language spoken in your family? Any foreign language speakers?
8. How important is education in your family?
9. What is the most important meal of the day?
10. Do you have any eating habits/rituals that are specific to your culture?
11. Do you eat foods that are indigenous to your culture? Why or why not? If you answered yes, name some of the foods that you eat. If you answered no, what types of foods do you eat?
12. If you are from a culture that speaks English as a second language, do you speak your native language? If not, why? If so, will you teach your native language to any children you have?
13. What are your holidays and traditions?
14. Define and describe the most important (or most celebrated) holiday of your culture.
15. What kind of government system do they have in your country of origin?
16. What kind of health care system do you have in your country of origin?
17. What kind of fashion, such as clothes, etc. do people wear?
18. What kind of economic system does your country have?
19. What are the primary industries? How do people make a living?
20. What kind of housing does your country have?
21. How do people spend their leisure time? Sports? Movies, etc.?
22. What are some of your cultural customs?
23. What are some of your dating habits?
24. Are the roles of men and women specifically defined in your family? If so, what are they?
25. What is a woman’s role in society? How do you see it as compared to here?
26. How much importance is placed on education?
27. What is the primary religion of your culture? How important is it?
28. Do you actively participate in an organized religion?
29. If religion is important in your family, do you plan to pass this on to your children? Why or why not?
30. What is considered most disrespectful in your culture?
31. What is considered most respectful in your culture?
32. How do you define success?
33. Do you consider your parents to be successful?
34. Is punctuality important to you? Why or why not?
35. How is physical contact viewed in your culture?
36. What would you say is, from your perspective, the most commonly held misconception about people of your culture?
37. What is the best thing about living in the USA?
38. What is the worst thing about living in the USA?
39. Have you been discriminated against since coming to the United States?
40. Have you ever experienced racism? In what form?
41. What can be done about racism and prejudice, in your opinion?
42. Have you ever felt excluded based on your gender or culture?
43. Do you remember excluding others based on Culture or Gender?
44. Is there anything you would like others to know that we have not included here about you or your culture…
45. Thank you- is there anything else you would like to share?
prepare a list of at least 10 questions to ask during your interview and then write up a three page (minimum) six page (maximum) paper on your findings. After completing your paper submit it to the Module 4: Paper 4 dropbox.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂