Using key topics from this module, develop an export strategy for an exporter in a developing country (NOT- Brazil, Russia, India, China or South
Africa) of your choice for entry into the European market. Please choose a specific country in Europe that the product or products will be exported to.
Also ensure that this firm is not already exporting this product(s) to that European country.
Write a Board Paper asking the board of directors of the chosen exporter to adopt and implement your proposed export strategy. Your Board Paper
should include an analysis of the proposed strategy taking into account the following issues:
- International trade theory: Why and how firms engage in international trade
- Approaches used by firms to adhere/avoid/bypass instruments of trade protection or to benefit from trade promotion and investment tools (at
national, regional and global levels)
- Types of export-related strategies
- Accessing market opportunities: entry strategy, cross-border collaboration and risk analysis
- Logistics, modes of transport and information technology
- Incorporating ethical issues in strategic decision-making