Developing and Implementing a School-Level Vision
Full 8 Pages with a separate reference page.
1. Developing and Implementing a School-Level Vision
Assume you are a candidate for the position of a high school principal in your district. Prepare an 8-10 page scholarly report (not including the cover page or the references) that you will submit to the school board that will describe your knowledge that promotes the success of every student by collaboratively facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a shared school vision of learning. You should interview at least two principals or assistant principals, at least one of whom should come from a district other than your own. Based upon your interviews and readings, develop a narrative that will address the following questions. Support your narrative with at least five references (see Appendix D). Use MS Word, the APA and SGAD, and the format for all FSEHS assignments (See Appendix C).
Specifics Requirements of Each Section
This brief section will be an overview of the assignment.
This section will describe the results of the interviews.
Shared Vision (ELCC 1.1)
This section will describe your knowledge of collaboratively developing, articulating, implementing, and stewarding a shared vision of learning for a school by discussing:
1. Collaborative school visioning. (ELCC 1.1a)
2. Theories relevant to building, articulating, implementing, and stewarding a school vision. (ELCC 1.1b)
3. Methods for involving school stakeholders in the visioning process. (ELCC 1.1c)
School Goals (ELCC 1.2)
This section will describe your knowledge of collecting and using data to identify school goals, assess organizational effectiveness, and implement plans to achieve school goals by discussing:
1. The design and use of assessment data for learning. (ELCC 1.2a)
2. Organizational effectiveness and learning strategies. (ELCC 1.2b)
3. Tactical and strategic program planning. (ELCC 1.2c)
4. Implementation and evaluation of school improvement processes. (ELCC 1.2d)
5. Variables that affect student achievement. (ELCC 1.2e)
School Improvement (ELCC 1.3)
This section will describe your knowledge of promoting continual and sustainable school improvement by discussing:
1. Continual and sustained improvement models and processes. (ELCC 1.3a)
2. School change processes for continual and sustainable improvement. (ELCC 1.3B)
3. Role of professional learning in continual and sustainable school improvement. (ELCC 1.3C)
Evaluate School Progress (ELCC 1.4)
This section will describe your knowledge of evaluating school progress and revising school plans supported by school stakeholders by:
1. Effective strategies for monitoring the implementation, revision of plans to achieve school improvement goals, and program evaluation models. (ELCC 1.4a)