Do students tend to exhibit more binge eating during the exam period in university?
“Do students tend to exhibit more binge eating during the exam period in univercity?” to make it easier. Introduction need to follow this structure:
1) Define binge eating and what is known for students in particular. Be sure to mention: Binge eating disorder is an illness where people overeat on a regular basis. A
binge is an episode of excessive eating or drinking. People who binge eat very large quantities of food over a short period of time, even when they’re not hungry. Be
sure to mention if students binge eat more than the rest of the population.
2) Is there evidence that women binge eat more than men? If there is a lot of literature on this, add a table where you give an overview of that literature with the
key concusions, e.g. one column for the authors and year and another column with the main result, e.g. 3% of female nurses show a binge eating disorder vs. 1 %of male
3) Is there evidence that stress is a cause for binge eating? What is known about exam stress and binge eating?
Methods will follow this structure:
1) Say that you will survey 500 UR students and give them all a questionnaire. Have to give the questionnaire out at beginning of term and in December when they sit
2) Explain the emotional overeating questionnaire, show example questions in a figure or table. Explain how the questionnaire is evaluated. Give the website where it
can be downloaded from. Explain which of the questionnaire questions will tackle your proposal question.
3) Explain your predictors (independent variable) and your responses (dep variables). Do a figure of results you might expect. E.g. % binge eating disorder on y axis,
men vs. women on x axis.
4) Explain which statistics you will use to analyse your data and give an example of a study that has done a similar thing.