Do you think that the marketing to children is a social problem?
The Topic: Students will watch the documentary Consuming Kids. They will address the following issues: Do you think that the marketing to children is a social problem? Why? What must be done about it, if anything? Use examples and a detailed argument.
All information must be properly cited in APA format. The paper will include information from:
1) The Film “Consuming Kids” must be used. It is viewable online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY9LaCbrWXM
2) The course text must be used as a source. You may use any number of chapters you would like.
3) AT LEAST two peer-reviewed, academic journal articles must be used as a source (from UOIT library website). To find this, go to http://www.uoit.ca/sites/library/, click on the “Articles” tab, search, download the article/articles that best suit your paper.
4) You MAY use government websites, news, or magazine articles only if the information used is not already available in peer-reviewed journals.
5) Lecture notes are NOT acceptable as a source.
6) There is a marking rubric at the end of this document. This rubric must be copied and pasted to your paper after the bibliography. If you fail to do so, you will lose 2 points and will not receive an overall paper evaluation with comments – you will receive just a mark.