How can donors’ Organizations strengthen the domestic institutions to the benefits of recipients African countries such as Gabon, Nigeria, and Niger?
1. What are the major programs addressing AIDS in Africa? (Programs of the World Bank? Of IFC? PEPFAR; any others that are addressing AIDS?)
2. Which of these have been successful in addressing AIDS in Africa? Which have been successful in Gabon?
3. Why? What is the difference between successful programs and the others?
4. Given that countries seem unlikely to spend more money on addressing AIDS in Africa, how could they spend existing money more wisely?
5. What do you recommend?
6. What would get these recommendations more likely to be adopted?