You will choose ONE of the following prompts to complete for a final paper. This essay will ultimately be three pages in length and include close analysis of the play you choose to write about.
This is a detailed character analysis that will be completed after reading the play. The following questions can help you plan your essay.
(1) The sort of person the character was at the beginning of the play? What were they like at the end? What caused the changes? Can you point to a key turning point?
(2) What was the moral low point, the moral high point for this character?
(3) To what degree was the character responsible for this tragedy?
(4) What should this character have done differently?
(5) How would this character dress? What general style of clothing would suit? What colors would best represent the character and why?
What part does chance and fate have in the play? List the events in which good and bad luck are influential to the outcome of the play.
How much were the characters in control of their own fate? What other factors beside fate influenced the outcome of the play?
Look back at these speeches and decide if you can tell the author’s views on the influence of fate?
If you were able to re-write the plot what elements of fate would you include; which would you exclude? Why? Defend your statement.