Use theoretical and empirical studies to investigate the effect of corruption on economic growth. Discuss the effectiveness of policies which may
successfully reduce corruption.
Roland G. Development economics. Pearson education. Ch 19.
Mauro, P., 1995. Corruption and growth. The quarterly journal of economics, pp.681-712.
McMillan, J. and Zoido, P., 2004. How to subvert democracy: Montesinos in Peru.
Olken, B.A. and Pande, R., 2011. Corruption in developing countries (No. w17398). National Bureau of Economic Research.
Olken, B.A., 2005. Monitoring corruption: evidence from a field experiment in Indonesia (No. w11753). National Bureau of Economic Research
– Your empirical evidence may be based on corruption effect influencing variables that are only indirectly related to economic
growth (difficulty in measuring corruption),
– You can discuss several policies: some may be more effective than others,
– You can base your extended essays and policy discussion on single country/several countries.
Additional General Advice
– Use your essay writing skills from Term1,
– Be concise,
– Structure well your essay,
– Do not plagiarise,
– Stick to word limit,
– Referencing: Harvard Style.