Emergence and role of French Creole in New Orleans
– Introduction: general description of the topic (It is for a linguistic course so the review needs to emphasise on the arrival of French colonials and the use of the
Creole language throughout the years in New Orleans).
– Summary of argument: The review should as concisely as possible summarise the book’s argument. What is the book’s purpose?
– About the author: Some basic biographical information about the author is necessary.
– Summary of contents: A reasonably thorough indication of the research methods used and the range of substantive material covered in the book should be included.
– Strength: Identify one particular area in which one thinks the book does well (ideally its single greatest strength)
– Weakness: Identify one particular area in which one thinks the book could be improved. (can be something that one thinks the author omitted or neglected to address
in sufficient detail )
– Conclusion: Concluding statement summarizing one’s opinion of the book. Identify a range of audiences whom one thinks would appreciate reading or otherwise benefit
from the book.