emergency box to protect from swine flu
2000 words for the essay
This assessment provides you with the opportunity to:
1. Apply the process of Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) to the clinical scenario [influenza outbreak – Cockatoo Rest]
2. Discuss how your knowledge of influenza epidemiology would help you prepare for an influenza pandemic
3. Demonstrate beginning level information literacy skills in the following areas: presentation of a formal scholarly essay, seeking/evaluating/using reliable sources of evidence to support the discussion and correct application of the Harvard Referencing System.
There is an outbreak of swine flu in Australia. As a health professional, you decide to create an emergency box at home with things that might help protect you and your family. Choose six objects to put in the box providing suitable evidence of why they would be effective. You might for example, choose one or more medications..
Use your knowledge of epidemiology and the principles of infection control to guide and justify your answer.
The paper must be presented as a formal scholarly essay with the following sections:
INTRODUCTION – 200 words
Contains statements regarding the purpose, scope of content and point of view to be developed in the main body of the paper.
BODY OF THE ESSAY
Your statements / discussion on the objects you choose must contain at least two references from reputable literature for each object. Limit your references to published literature and government web sites. Some suggested areas for discussion include;
• What is a pandemic?
• Describe each of the six objects chosen.
• What other objects did you consider? Why were these rejected?
• Justify your choice of each of the six objects, using your knowledge of epidemiology and infection control and evidence collected
• What difficulties do you think you will encounter when you use these objects?
• What further information would you have liked to be able to choose the objects? Why?
• Do you think you and your family would be safe? Explain.
CONCLUSION – 200 words
Draws together the main arguments in the paper but does not present new information. The conclusion may also state future directions or limitations of the work.
Correct use of Harvard referencing using primary sources published after 2002, identified for use in the essay.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂