Employability In Action Assessment three brief
Date: 19th Dec 2015
Method: The assessment must be up loaded onto Moodle on or before 23:55 hours on the date stated above (Assessments will not be accepted by email, the onus is on every individual student to ensure their individual assessment is submitted via Moodle)
Penalties will apply for late submissions unless the Programme Leader has granted an extension
Layout/Presentation: Aerial font with a 1.5 spacing between the sentences and paragraphs
Word count and grading:
1,000 words +/- 10%
This assessment has a weighting of 40%
Module Title: Employability In Action
Module Code: B8LL100
Module Leader: Ray Whelan
Stage (if relevant):
Assessment Title: Marketing and Sales reflection and strategy
Assessment Number (if relevant): 3
Assessment Type: Individual written
Restrictions on Time/Length : +/- 10% 1,200 words + – 10%
Assessment Weighting: 30% with a 10 % participation grade
Hand In Date:
Planned Feedback Date:
Mode of Submission: Moodle
Reflective content of SMART goals 60%
The assessment cover sheet must be completed and attached to your assessment
? This assessment is focused on SMART Goal setting. The GOALS must be SMART oriented.
? There must be a clear connection between the GOALS set.
? You will represent 9 SMART goals as follows;
o 6 professional SMART goals.
o 3 personal SMART goals.
Discuss your reflection using the following as a guide ONLY:
• What was the exercise brief (did I understand the instructions if not, why didn’t I?) what did you think the purpose of the exercise was?
• What did I learn about myself during this exercise? What do I need to change and what’s my plan to do so
• How will, what I learnt change my behaviour in the future. Previous experience can predict future behaviour
See assessment brief
General Assessment Submission Requirements for Students:
1. Online assignments must be submitted no later than the stated deadline.
2. All relevant provisions of the Assessment Regulations must be complied with.
3. Extensions to assignment submission deadlines will be not be granted, other than in exceptional circumstances. To apply for an extension please go to http://www.dbs-students.com/Registrar/ and download the Assignment Extension Request Form.
4. Students are required to retain a copy of each assignment submitted, and the submission receipt.
5. Assignments that exceed the word count will be penalised.
6. Students are required to refer to the assessment regulations in their Student Guides and on the Student Website.
7. Dublin Business School penalises students who engage in academic impropriety (i.e. plagiarism, collusion and/or copying). Please refer to the attached referencing guidelines for information on correct referencing.
What is referencing and why is it necessary?
Please follow this link to the Harvard Style Referencing Guide – all referencing is required in this format.
The School of Arts generally use APA Referencing , information is available under DBS library guides on www.library.dbs.ie.