The post contains three asighnments
1:Discuss the impact of environmental considerations relating to civil engineering operations.
Discuss the impact of environmental considerations relating to civil engineering operations, and large infrastructure projects in particular.
Focus on UK.
2:UK Energy Policy
1. How will the future UK energy policy affect the Civil Engineering industry? 2. Is PFI the right way to provide public infrastructure and services? Discuss this, illustrating your comments using
relevant construction projects. 3. Discuss the importance of effective communications during the design and construction of civil engineering works, and the methods by which these communications may be achieved
4. Discuss, with examples, the concept of “safety culture” in the construction industry, commenting on any key changes that have occurred in recent years.
5. What direction should the UK transport policy take?
6. Some construction projects suffer from budget overruns and late completion. Discuss possible causes of these problems and measures that could be taken to avoid their recurrence on other projects. Illustrate your discussion with appropriate projects.
7. Discuss the impact of environmental considerations relating to civil engineering operations, and large infrastructure projects in particular.
8. Chartered Engineers bear very heavy responsibility for the advice they give to the authorities and clients concerning the ethical, environmental and financial consequences of the projects they propose. How are such matters assessed and how do you consider your training has prepared you for such responsibilities?
Criteria for assessment
Marks will be allocated as follows:
The layout should ensure that the text is easy to read. Text should be spelt correctly and figures should be clear and appropriate. The content should be grammatically correct and the meaning of sentences should be clear and unambiguous.
The paper should seek to address engineering, economical, social, political and sustainability issues. There should be sufficient technical content to back up the argument, discussions and conclusions presented in the paper. This should be properly referenced.
Discussion and evaluation of information 30%