Evocative Production and Written Reflection
Assessment links to topic Expected Learning Outcomes:
LO1: Articulate a personal philosophy of care related to the student’s chosen profession.
LO2: Identify the way in which their personal philosophy of care is shaped by the lived experience of illness, but also by the constraints on professional practice arising from the structure of the health care system.
• This activity provides the opportunity for you to synthesise the lecture and reading content, and Tutorial experiences. Using any artistic medium of your choice I’ve already choose Obesity Food and Physical Activity. However, I’m required to prepare a piece of work that captures the themes and experiences Link the Evocative Production to the key sociological themes you wish to convey e.g.:
That have been explored during semester. In addition I need to submit a 750 word written reflection that supports the theory (social concepts) behind your Evocative Production.
• Choose one population health issue
Obesity Food and Physical Activity.
• The Evocative Production needs to be a creative piece of work that clearly reflects the themes and lived experiences explored which are stigma, Stereotyping, individualism, Community and Regulation ((you can choose 2 of them and link to Obesity Food and Physical Activity)).
• The format taken that I used is I’ve designed a McDonald’s restaurant building by carton, and I have glued a picture of McDs cars parked as there are some cars parked there in front of the building, and inside it on the right of the door I put a picture of a child obese eat a meal from there. Also, in front side I put a picture of people stood in line wait for order from employment who works there. However, in outside there is a drive thru and car ordering from the restaurant.
In addition to the Evocative Production submit a 750 word Written Reflection that supports the theory behind your Evocative Production and demonstrates your intention.
• Include a digital photo of my work with the Written Reflection.
• Take ownership of your Evocative Production: give it a name or title that easily depicts the theoretical theme or experience.
Use the words in first person
For my assignment I chose to make a creative picture/ sculpture/ painting / box / poem/ etc.
Have to give your production a title!
• Describe the intention of your Evocative Production i.e. what concepts or themes are you trying to portray, how you went about it. This may include:
See the questions below and answer all
o Why you chose the population group/issue
You may wish to provide some background to the population group/issue
For this you need references VERY IMPORTANT
What was the issue portrayed; be specific here
For this you need references VERY IMPORTANT
o Why you chose the medium
WHAT AND WHY YOU HAVE CHOSEN—SLIDES/ VISUAL/ PAPERCRAFT/ POSTER/ WRITTEN PIECE FOR A MAGAZINE…
o Why you chose the layout
This refers to the shape/ size/ of the production…
Maybe a collage/ poster/boxed idea … with a central picture and related pictures …
This piece may have pictures on the layout—why?
o Why you chose particular colours
• Are you using black/ yellow/ green/ orange or all colours in the creation
• Link your Evocative Production to the key sociological themes you wish to convey e.g.:
• o Institutionalisation
• o Stigma Reference—Goffman 1963—check this and provide full reference
• o Stereotyping
• o Prejudice
For this you need references
o You will need references to support any definitions or reference to these themes.
Draw on information presented in the topic lectures, readings or tutorials plus search for relevant literature that provides references that are from quality primary sources. For this you need references
I’m doing Health since cores and plz for that one Look at Health practitioner Practice required readings for this topic and include them in-text in any of the above areas and in the reference list, However, Ill upload for you 2 files from my lecture about my assignment topic.
• Draw on information presented in the topic lectures, readings or tutorials plus search for relevant literature that provides references that are from quality primary sources.
o You may be able to link more than one lecture/reading/tutorial to your theme.
• As this is a reflection piece it can be written in part in first person.
• This assessment will need a reference list.
For this you need ALL the in text references and sources used in the production—web links of ALL pictures used etc. in the production
One list for academic sources like a reference list — Harvard/APA
One list for pictures – URL/ WEB LINKS/ WEBSITE ADRESSES…
VERY IMPORTANT or plagiarism