You represent a large U.S. corporation that manufactures rubber tires, and you want to begin manufacturing and distribution in another country. Choose a country that you think you would want to start a manufacturing plant in. Answer the following questions about your company and its chosen new market. Organize the paper into four sets of concerns: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. Select 2-3 bullet points from each perspective listed below and respond with cited research.
• Discuss the macro environment of the country.
• What is the company strategy there?
• How will you be socially and economically responsible?
• What would be the role of management?
• What is the mode of entry you are going to use, and why?
• What do you think would motivate the workers to bring about collaboration?
• How would you design the right culturally appropriate program?
• What kind of leadership would work in this country?
• What are the political, cultural, environmental, and economic risks of doing business there?
• If you do decide to do business there, how would you staff the operation?
• What type of concerns would you have?
• What do you need to consider when you recruit, evaluate, train, and deal with labor relations issues?
• How would you select the manager?
• What if it does not work out?
• What are some of the legal issues you would have to deal with as a company if you decide to expand there?
• What are some of the opportunities and strengths of doing business there?
• What are some of the cross-cultural issues you are going to have to deal with particular to engaging a team?
• What are some of the protocols and etiquette issues you must incorporate into your business behavior?
• How are you going to deal with management issues such as assertiveness, conflict resolution, and team building?
• What are some of the foreign trade issues you will have to deal with?
• What are the determinants to foreign entry there, and how would you enter there?
• What are the 5 stages of negotiation, and how are you going to prepare for them at this international level?
• What would be some of the political, legal, economic, and ideological issues that may come up?